The loading dock can accommodate two trucks or trailers located on 19thStreet side ofhotel.
· Height of the street side roll-up door entrance is 14’6”.
· Height of the dock is 44-1/2”, with adjustable lifts for unloading trucks.
· The dock opens onto a staging area near the Columbia elevators.
· The length of the dock is 42’ with the roll-up door closed.
- If a truck arrives earlier than their scheduled time, they will be asked to leave the immediate area surrounding the hotel as local regulations do not allow truck parking anywhere around the hotel. The hotel will call police to enforce local laws.
- All independent exhibitor freight has to be coordinated and managed by the Exhibitor/Trade Show Contractor.
- All vehicles as part of a display must be on a roll back truck. No car carrier trailers will be allowed to deliver directly to hotel. Vehicles must have a full tank of gas and the battery disconnected. All vehicles will need to be pushed into place and will not be allowed to be started up.
- No truck is permitted to sit with its engine running while being unloaded or waiting to back on dock.
- No truck is permitted to travel north on 19thStreet above the dock as this is strictly a residential area.
- All contractors delivering or picking up freight must provide a schedule of their trucks to the Hotel 48 hrs prior to any such activity as well as the truck size. The hotel will review the schedule and any adjustments will be communicated back to the contractor.
Rules for Drivers:
· No double parking allowed on 19thSt.
· Trucks only allowed to park in the loading zone on 19thSt.
· No truck idling allowed on 19thstreet or Florida Ave
· No truck horns or revving of the engine
· Trucks will obey all posted municipal traffic enforcement signage
· Trucks will disengage their driver cab if the truck is longer than the dock bay.
· Sidewalks will remain clear at all times.
Marshalling Yard requirements:
- The Decorating Company will be responsible for marshaling all trucks coming to their event regardless of the freight weight.
- Finding a marshalling area for the trucks will be the contractor’s responsibility.